CAREERS AT SILENCERCO
Who are we?
SilencerCo formed in 2008, when two men in a garage machined, welded and shaped their dreams into a reality. Now, over 10 years later, SilenceCo is still designing and developing products through unconventional ways to create the best suppressors on the market. The founders were determined to only introduce products to the market that were a significant improvement over existing product. SilencerCo continues with dreams and determination while remaining focused on innovation, creativity, and problem solving.
SilencerCo is dedicated to creating products that will improve sound reduction levels, durability and longevity, form and function, ease of use and maintenance in ways never thought of or achieved.
SilencerCo staked its claim on a large share of the market and strives to increase market share with top level customer service, innovative products and the introduction of new products. We aspire to be the benchmark for innovation, marketing, education, and manufacturing for all consumer product companies.
Though we come from all over, every member of the SilencerCo team shares a commitment to create the strongest brand in the firearms industry. We are passionate about our brand, our jobs, and our craft. We are hunters, shooters, scientists, nomads, engineers and explorers that create what others can’t even dream of.
We lead the firearms suppressor industry, and work hard to find highly motivated, performance driven, innovative employees. We work hard to build an inclusive environment in which everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age or background, can perform at their best.
Why we do what we do
We love suppressors. We believe in saving hearing, reducing recoil, and maintaining situational awareness while shooting and hunting to create a more enjoyable experience. We ultimately question why shooting has to be loud. We never build a “me too” product. We never settle for “good enough,” we strive to disrupt. We do what we do because we want better products, because we believe in the 2nd Amendment, and because we are users — we shoot and hunt and want the best experience possible. SilencerCo enjoys the challenge of bringing products to market in a meaningful way that captures immediate market share.
We have an on-site gym, monthly company BBQs, a dog friendly environment, concealed carry classes and that is just to name a few!
Benefits (Full-time only)
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision
- HSA and FSA programs
- 100% paid basic life insurance
- Paid time off, with 8 paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
- Voluntary Products; voluntary life and AD&D, Identity theft protection, short term and long-term disability, telehealth, hospital indemnity, auto and home insurance
Please see our open positions listed below. Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org be sure to include the job title you’re applying for in the subject line of the email.
We work to build an inclusive environment in which everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age or background, can do their best work.
VIDEO PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
Located in West Valley City, UT
We are looking for a Video Production Assistant. Get hands-on time behind the camera and edit the final projects in Premiere Pro CC. Work in an exciting environment free from corporate restraints as well as opportunities to learn other skills such as motion graphics, audio capture, photo editing, etc.
Those with a can-do attitude will work best in this environment. We're a small company where ideas and ambition are valued above "being a cog in the wheel." With great concepts, you may see your video ideas come to life.
- Operate video cameras such as the Canon C300 and Canon 5DMKIII
- Editing in a nonlinear editing program such as Premiere Pro CC
- Assisting on video shoots to help set up and break down sets.
- Organize and maintain digital assets across multiple storage devices.
- Nonlinear editing (Premiere Pro CC)
- Camera operation and a basic understanding of ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture.
- Willingness to learn and expand skills when necessary.
- Will frequently lift 25-50 pounds of equipment.
- Will occasionally use a ladder.
Email your resume (required), demo reel or portfolio (required), and cover letter (optional) to email@example.com with Video Production Assistant as the subject line.
Metal Prep Technician
Located in West Valley City, UT
Full Time / Swing Shift (4PM – 2AM)
At SilencerCo our Metal Prep Technicians own the process of deburring manufactured parts. SilencerCo leads the suppressor industry with our strong attention to quality and durability. If you consider yourself to have strong attention to detail, consider yourself to be crafty, and take pride in the work you this could be the job for you!
- You will be completing the visual inspection of all parts and products (looking for Dings, Dents, scratches)
- Removal of all excess material from manufactured parts
- Complete routine maintenance on all equipment
- Identify problems as they arise, evaluate these problems, and implement solutions
- Perform and adhere to SilencerCo's standard operating procedures
- Use collected data to determine normality, process control limits, and areas which require improvement
- Adhere to health and safety procedures
- Any other responsibilities and duties as needed to meet company objectives
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing; tools, machines, designs, uses, quality control, raw materials, maintenance, and repairs
- Comfortable operating power / air tools for an extended time
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to operate complex hand tools
- Have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well with others, and have great time management skills
- Ability to communicate well with others (verbal and written communication)
- Someone who can welcome change, and be easily adaptable
- Ability to work in a sometimes high-stress environment
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Metal Prep Technician as the subject line.
Located in West Valley City, UT
- Guides financial accountability by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by helping to establish, monitor, and enforce internal controls.
- Maintains monthly accounting processes and assists with the close of financial data
- Assures timely collection of monies due to the company.
- Monitors customer receivables and reports on their status
- Assures timely and accurate invoicing.
- Manages cash application making sure all cash receipts are applied properly.
- Conducts credit checks on all customers, establishes and manages limits.
- Makes recommendations to improve the quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
- Manages purchase credit cardholders and credit limits.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances.
- Manages Fixed Asset ledger and depreciation schedules
- Assists with monthly accrual calculators and tracking.
- Helps manage inventory and cost accounting systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans for various company operations.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data on a routine and ad hoc basis including monthly financial statements.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Advisory role to assist with tax matters.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Ability to work with individuals from all levels of the organization including the senior leadership team.
- Reports to VP Finance and has frequent interactions with the CFO.
- Bachelor degree in accounting and/or Master’s degree (MBA or MAcc) required.
- 5+ years in accounting role as an individual contributor.
- Experience as a manager in an accounting role preferred but not required.
- CPA or CMA certification preferred but not required.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior organization skills with the ability to dive deep into accounting details.
- Experience with a variety of financial software packages and ERP systems a plus.
- Demonstrated team player.
Email your resume to email@example.com with Senior Accountant as the subject line.